Lion's gaze

Lion's gaze

Thursday, September 14, 2017


Who Me? Forty?

by LION'S EYE

One day I stood at the bathroom sink 
As I looked up, started to think.

The face that stared right back at me 
was not someone I expected to see!

The hair had just a tinge of grey 
and by the eyes, some wrinkles played,

and sagging downward to the ground
the skin was tanned, the stomach round

I snarled at it, it snarled back
and shocked I saw there was a lack!

...for holes appeared within that grin
that showed some blackness there within

I flexed my muscles and showed who’s boss
but when I stretched it made me cough.

And just when starting to despair,
another figure then appeared.

She stepped up close and hugged me tight
and I knew 40 was alright...


__________________________________________________
© COPYRIGHT 2017 - All rights reserved by the publisher/owner of "The Lion's Eye" blog

No comments:

Post a Comment